We have security officers available to help you protect you, your staff and your premises over the Christmas period.
Step Five- Supplying The Security Officer
Each allocated security officer will be briefed, trained and uniformed. They are selected from our experience matrix and he/she will adhere to the Assignment Instructions by reading them through, understanding them and signing them.
The Security Officer’s Job
- The officer will arrive on site at least 10 minutes before the start of shift and telephone our 24 hour Control Centre to log on.
- They will introduce themselves in person to your key contact and write the time of arrival on site in the Daily Occurrence Book (DOB), which is located in the officer’s base location.
- They will carry out a full lock down patrol at the start of his/her shift, normally when all of your staff/contractors leave the site.
- According to the Assignment Instructions, patrols are carried out at least every hour and time of departure is documented in the patrol log in the DOB book.
- The officers are trained to look for damage, vandalism, break-ins, escape of water, fires and other unusal observations during their patrol. The patrols are carried out in accordance of BS7499.
- The officer investigates any problems and logs them with the 24 hour Control Centre and fills out the DOB book for your contact on site to refer to.
About Your Security Officer
Our clients can rest assured that our personnel are fully compliant and meet all of the relevant standards within our industry.
Safety of the officer is important as we follow lone worker regulations. All security officers carry mobile phones and do hourly check calls to the 24 hour control centre. Any missed check calls are escalated to supervisor level or even manager’s level, 24 hours a day. Supervisors are dispatched if there is no contact established with the security officer.
All security officers are insured.
Security officers have an S.I.A. licence. To qualify for the licence, they have to go on a 5 day S.I.A. approved training course and pass their examinations. They will have to pass a DBS (CRB) check which ensures us that they have a clean record and a fit and suitable person to work as a security officer. This licence and its DBS check has to be renewed every 3 years. This gives our clients peace of mind.
All of our security officers are vetted and screened to BS7848 standards.
Supervisors and managers carry out random site visits to inspect the security officer. We constantly monitor and check our staff out on the field by sending out fully trained supervisors and managers to check on their welfare and assess that the officer is carrying out their site specific duties according to their Assignment Instructions.
All levels of our staff regularly attend training seminars to keep up to date with legislations within the security industry. We issue monthly newsletters and award a ‘Guard of the Month’ with a voucher and certificate.
Each client will have a dedicated account manager looking after them, who will contact or visit you from time to time to check in for feedback, both positive and constructive. Each Customer Satisfaction Enquiry is completed and reviewed. Problems may be identified and improvements are made if necessary.
We are proud to be compliant to ISO 9001 for the last 16 years with LRQA. We are members of NASDU (National Association of Security Dog Users), SMAS Worksafe and Construction line.
Our clients find our services an asset to their company as we work in partnership all our clients and we endeavour to go the extra mile to fulfil our requirements.